- Position: full sun
- Soil: moist, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: June to September
- Flower colour: yellow
- Other features: the flowers are highly attractive to bees and hoverflies
- Hardiness: hardy annual
- Garden care: Early sowings can be started under glass into good seed compost, which should be kept moist but not wet. Gradually harden off before planting outside. After the frosts, they can be sown shallowly, directly into well-prepared, sunny beds outside. When the seedlings are large enough to handle thin to 10cm.
- Sow: February - May or August - September
- Flowering: June - September
- Approximate quantity: 30 seeds.
A profusion of fragrant, yellow-centred white flowers appear throughout the summer above the fleshy, fern-like, bright yellow-green leaves. This pretty, poached-egg plant makes a fabulous informal edge for a sunny, well-drained border. Highly attractive to beneficial insects including bees and hoverflies, it will help reduce pest colonies in the vegetable garden. An easy to grow annual, it is ideal for the children’s garden and will self-see freely. It will also make a wonderful green manure crop.