Hydrangea quercifolia 'Snow Flake'
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: moist, well-drained, moderately fertile, humus-rich soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: July to September
- Flower colour: white
- Other features: contact with the foliage may aggravate skin allergies; the flower-heads make excellent dried flower arrangements
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Arching clusters of long-lasting, double white flowers from July to September, pink-tinged with age, and deeply lobed, mid-green leaves. This deciduous, oak-leaved hydrangea is later-flowering than other varieties. With magnificent, bronze-purple autumn foliage, it makes an eye-catching specimen plant for a partly shady border with moist, well-drained soil.
- Garden care:Requires minimal pruning. Where necessary remove misplaced or diseased shoots in spring.