Hydrangea paniculata Diamant Rouge ('Rendia') (PBR)
- Standard £4.99
- Next / named day £6.99
- Click & collect FREE
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: moist, well-drained, moderately fertile, humus-rich soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: June to August
- Hardiness: fully hardy
When they first appear, the petal-like sepals are white, but they soon start to change colour, first to pink and then a deeper shade of rich raspberry red. These flowerheads appear in profusion on strong stems and can grow up to 35cm in length. The flower colour may vary slightly depending on the exposure and soil type, but the overall effect is quite dramatic when the plant is in full bloom.
- Garden care: To enhance flowering prune hard in early spring, cut back the previous season's shoots to within a few buds of the permanent, woody framework of the plant.
There are currently no 'goes well with' suggestions for this item.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Accurate Instructions
Comments about Hydrangea paniculata Diamant Rouge ('Rendia') (PBR):
I haven't actually planted this out in the garden as yet. Which is something I always do when plants are young. I repot again the second year so the roots can become stronger. Saying this this plant did flower lovely in the first year and the colour was true to form.
- Your Gardening Experience:
Hydrangeas come in many guises, but the blue and pink mopheads and lacecaps that flower in summer are generally forms of Hydrangea macrophylla, an Asian species that prefers lots of summer rainfall and drier winters. This can be tricky in drier gardens, bRead full article