Hyacinthus orientalis 'Peter Stuyvesant'
garden hyacinth bulbs
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: any well-drained, moderately fertile soil (for container-grown bulbs use two parts John Innes No2 compost to one part sharp grit)
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: April and May
- Flower colour: blue
- Hardiness: fully hardy
- Bulb size:16/17
A richly coloured hyacinth that will add real oomph to the spring bedding scheme. The flowers have a good scent and they are a deep shade of violet-blue. Great for pots, borders or cutting.
- Garden care: Pot up and bring indoors if you want them to flower in January, otherwise plant 15cm deep and 10cm apart in a bright spot. For safety reasons always use gloves when handling these bulbs.
- Harmful if eaten/skin irritant
There are currently no 'goes well with' suggestions for this item.
Which house plants you choose should depend on the environment you intend to keep them in, the space available, how much time you can spend preening them as well as your personal preference. For me, foliage house plants are the ticket, because they providRead full article
If rabbits, deer, squirrels or cats devour or scratch up your plants these wire mesh protectors will give them time to get established. The pyramid-shaped 'Rabbit Proof Cloche' and dome-shaped 'Squirrel Proof Cloche'Read full article