hazel nut 'Kentish Cob'
- Position: full sun
- Soil: fertile, well-drained, preferably chalky soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: February to March
- Flower colour: golden-yellow catkins
- Other features: large hazel nuts
- Hardiness: fully hardy
A tree-like shrub that has elegant, golden-yellow catkins in late winter, followed by mid-green, heart-shaped leaves. The delicious, edible nuts that follow will ripen in mid-August. This variety needs a sunny garden for the large hazel nuts to ripen.
- Garden care: Prune dead, diseased and damaged wood in March and apply a 5-7cm (2-3in) mulch of well-rotted organic matter around the base of the plant. Suckers should be removed from the base of the plant as soon as they appear.
There are currently no articles for this item.