Geranium Sabani Blue (Bremigo) (PBR)
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, well-drained
- Rate of Growth: average
- Flowering period: April to September
- Flowers: blue with deep blue veining
- Other features: mid-green leaves
- Hardiness: fully hardy
An oustanding geranium with large, blue flowers with deep blue veining and mounds of foliage. This exciting new geranium has been bred by Alan Bremner in Orkney and it will knock the sock's of all the other blue geraniums around. This easy-to-grow geranium will flower earlier than most and makes an excellent groundcover.
- Garden care: In midsummer rejuvenate plants that are beginning to look jaded, by removing old flowered stems and leaves. Lift and divide large colonies in spring
There are currently no 'goes well with' suggestions for this item.
Many flowering plants can be encouraged to produce better and longer-lasting displays with the minimum of effort. A plant produces flowers in order to reproduce and ensure the survival of the species. Once a plant has flowered and fertilisation has...Read full article
Deadheading will prevent them setting seed and so use their energy producing a further flush of blooms later on. Plants that respond well to deadheading include annuals such as Ageratum, Alyssum, Antirrhinum, Calendula, Centaurea, Cosmos, Dahlia, foxglove, Californian poppy, sweet...Read full article
Many gardeners who are happy, even gung-ho, with the secateurs when pruning shrubs and climbers are surprisingly reluctant to take the shears to herbaceous perennials. Maybe this is because it just doesn’t seem quite right to be cutting back all...Read full article