- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, moist, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: June to October
- Hardiness: borderline hardy ( may need witner protection)
Small, single, scarlet and dark purple flowers hang from arching stems from June to October among bronze tinted, dark green leaves. In frost-free areas this upright, hardy fuchsia makes a lovely, long-flowering, informal hedge. It performs best in fertile, moist, well-drained soil in partial shade with protection from cold, drying winds.
- Garden care: To encourage bushy growth, pinch out the growing tips of young plants after the sixth or seventh pair of leaves. During the growing season water regularly, applying a balanced liquid fertiliser each month. Cut back to the permanent framework in early spring.