- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: moderately fertile, well-drained, humus-rich soil
- Rate of growth: slow-growing
- Flowering period: January to March
- Hardiness: borderline hardy (may need winter protection)
Lustrous, deep green leaves provide a handsome silhouette throughout the year, but it is for the small clusters of highly scented flowers that this rounded, evergreen shrub is most highly prized. Appearing in mid-winter, they open from purple-pink buds to reveal their pale pink petals, which usually have a richer pink reverse. Plant it somewhere that you pass-by regularly to make sure you can enjoy their delicious scent.
- Garden care: Keep pruning to a minimum since the plant is susceptible to die-back. Where necessary after flowering, lightly trim to remove misplaced branches and maintain a compact habit.
- CAUTION toxic if eaten/skin irritant
There are currently no articles for this item.