- Position: full sun to part shade
- Soil: fertile, humus-rich, well-drained, neutral to acid soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: May
- Flower colour: white or pink flower bracts
- Other features: curled mid-green leaves turning red-purple in autumn
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Tiny, yellow-tipped, green flowers in May, surrounded by white or pink flower bracts, and curled mid-green leaves turning red-purple in autumn. This conical, deciduous tree or shrub thrives in fertile, humus-rich, neutral to acid soil. Unsuitable for shallow, chalky soils, it's an excellent specimen tree for a small sunny garden.
- Garden care: Incorporate a quantity of composted pine needles or well-rotted leaf mould when planting. Requires minimal pruning.
There are currently no articles for this item.