Cornfield seed collection
- Standard £4.99
- Next / named day £6.99
- Click & collect FREE
- Position: full sun
- Soil: poor, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flower colour: blue, violet, yellow and red
- Other features: includes: Agrostemma githago (corncockle), Centaurea cyanus (cornflower), Chrysanthemum segetum (corn marigold), Papaver rhoeas (field poppy), Papaver dubium (long headed poppy); all parts of the corncockle and poppies are poisonous if ingested; highly attractive to beneficial pollinating insects
- Hardiness: fully hardy
A collection of five different species of native wildflower once a common sight in cornfields. This summer-flowering mixture is ideal for providing a splash of colour in sunny areas of the garden with poor, well-drained soil. By purchasing Landlife seeds you are helping to protect existing wildflower areas and develop potential new sites where wildflowers may grow.
One packet of seeds will cover approximately 2 square metres.
- Garden care: When sowing seeds do not use a fertiliser since wildflowers prefer poor soils. Deadhead regularly to prolong flowering. In autumn cut the faded flowerheads down to the ground and compost the dead stems
- Sow: March - May or September - October
- Flowering: August - September or May - July
- Approximate quantity: 5500 seeds.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Accurate Instructions
Comments about Cornfield Seed collection:
It is actually quite difficult to get a good wildflower meadow
This product is one of the best I have found to achieve a beautiful effect
- Your Gardening Experience: