Calluna vulgaris 'Dark Beauty' (PBR)
- Standard £4.99
- Next / named day £6.99
- Click & collect FREE
- Position: full sun
- Soil: well-drained, humus-rich, acid soil or ericaceous compost
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: August to October
- Flower colour: deep cerise-red
- Other features: the flowers are highly attractive to bees
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Upright spikes of semi-double flowers appear from August to October at the tips of the leafy branches of this beautiful Scots heather. Initially a rich cerise-red, the flowers turn a beautiful shade of ruby-red, which is accentuated by the dark green foliage. Compact and easy-to-grow, it's an ideal ground cover for sunny areas, where it will provide a long season of interest. An AGM recipient - and deservedly so!
- Garden care: When planting incorporate lots of composted pine needles or leaf-mould into the planting hole. In March or April cut back the flowered shoots to within 2.5cm (1in) of the old growth.
There are currently no articles for this item.