Anemone coronaria (De Caen Group) 'Die Braut'
anemone bulbs ( syn The Bride )
- Position: full sun
- Soil: light, sandy soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: March to April
- Flower colour: white
- Other features: useful as cut flowers
- Hardiness: fully hardy
- Bulb size: 5/6
Slender stems rise from the mounds of dissected foliage bearing green-centred, white flowers in early spring. Their simple elegance looks divine when planted in large numbers, but they are also useful mixers which can cool down brasher hues. Plant more than you need in the border as you will want to pick the flowers for the vase.
- Garden care: Soak the tubers overnight in cool water and plant them in naturalistic drifts (it doesn't matter which way up) 5cm deep and 15cm apart from September to November. Ideally you should choose a spot where they can be left undisturbed so they can naturalise and spread. Avoid excessively wet conditions when dormant.
- CAUTION do not eat ornamental bulbs
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about Anemone coronaria (De Caen Group) 'Die Braut':
I use many different flowers forms in my white garden and this plant adds to the variety I try to achieve.
- Your Gardening Experience:
Spring bulbs, such as daffodils and hyacinths, can be planted whenever the soil conditions allow. As a rough guide, cover them with about twice as much soil as the bulb is deep: so that a 5cm (2in) deep bulb would need a 15cm (6in) deep hole so that itRead full article
Bulbs are ideal for anyone who rates themselves as 'keen-but-clueless' because they are one of the easiest plants to grow. Provided you plant them at the right time of year at more or less the right depth, they will reward you year after year with a relRead full article