Anemone blanda 'Mixed'
wood anemone bulbs
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: well-drained, humus-rich soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: March to April
- Flower colour: mixed colours
- Hardiness: fully hardy
- Bulb size: 4/5
Delightful, daisy-like flowers from March to April and delicate fern-like foliage. These charming wood anemones are perfect for naturalising in a mixed border around the base of deciduous shrubs. For maximum impact plant in bold drifts 5-8cm (2-3in) deep in well-drained, humus-rich soil in September or October.
- Garden care: Soak the tubers overnight in cool water and plant them in naturalistic drifts (it doesn't matter which way up) 5cm deep and 15cm apart from September to November. Ideally you should choose a spot where they can be left undisturbed so they can naturalise and spread.
Spring bulbs, such as daffodils and hyacinths, can be planted whenever the soil conditions allow. As a rough guide, cover them with about twice as much soil as the bulb is deep: so that a 5cm (2in) deep bulb would need a 15cm (6in) deep hole so that itRead full article
Bulbs are ideal for anyone who rates themselves as 'keen-but-clueless' because they are one of the easiest plants to grow. Provided you plant them at the right time of year at more or less the right depth, they will reward you year after year with a relRead full article
If rabbits, deer, squirrels or cats devour or scratch up your plants these wire mesh protectors will give them time to get established. The pyramid-shaped 'Rabbit Proof Cloche' and dome-shaped 'Squirrel Proof Cloche'Read full article