Anchusa azurea 'Dropmore'
20% off plants
- Standard £4.99
- Next / named day £6.99
- Click & collect FREE
- Position: full sun
- Soil: fertile, moist, well-drained soil
- Rate of Growth: average
- Flowering period: June to August
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Vibrant, deep blue flowers appear on upright stems throughout the summer creating a dazzling display. Their edible petals look wonderful sprinkled into salads or frozen into ice cubes and then plonked into summer drinks. The flowers are also suitable for drying and make colourful additions to pot-pourri. Alkanet makes a great companion to rich plums and purple tones and will thrive in a sunny border. Although short lived the plant can self-seed freely. The flowers are loved by bees and butterflies so they make wonderful additions to the wildlife garden.
- Garden care:Surface sow the seeds onto the top of seed trays filled with good seed compost, pressing them in gently before watering well. Keep warm under glass until germination (usually 3 - 4 weeks later) and pot on when large enough to handle. Gradually acclimatise before planting out after frost. Late sowing can be done direct into a well-prepared bed outside.
- Sow: February - June
- Flowering: June - August
- Approximate quantity: 60 seeds.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about Anchusa azurea 'Dropmore':
I found this a messy plant in the border and it was very floppy
- Your Gardening Experience:
There are currently no articles for this item.