Wallflower 'Fire King'
24 large wallflower plug plants
- Position: full sun
- Soil: poor to moderately fertile, well-drained, neutral to alkaline soil
- Rate of growth: average to fast-growing
- Flowering period: March to May
- Flower colour: deep red
- Other features: lance-shaped, coarsely toothed leaves
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Bright orange-red wallflowers that provide a stunning display in early spring. Often grown as a biennial plant, wallflowers perform best in full sun where their bright, fragrant flowers will shine. They look particularly effective in a large patio container or at the front of a sunny fertile, well-drained border, underplanted with red or yellow tulips.
- Garden care: Provide cloche protection where frosts are very severe or prolonged.
- CAUTION toxic if eaten/skin & eye irritant
Wildlife-friendly gardens are not only more interesting as you can watch all the comings and goings, but they are often more productive as many creatures will help increase pollination. Garden ponds act as a magnet to dragonflies and damsel flies, along wRead full article
One of the first things you learn when you start gardening is that plants are not alone in the garden. There is a whole host of bugs that set up home in your beds and borders as well as an alarming range of microscopic bacteria, fungi and viruses that areRead full article