Tulipa 'Early Glory'
triumph tulip bulbs
- Position: full sun
- Soil: fertile, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: April
- Flower colour: rich pink
- Other features: excellent cut-flowers
- Hardiness: fully hardy
- Bulb size: 12/14
The exquisite colouring of these tulips makes them great for mixing. They blend easily with deeper and paler pinks, as well as most shades of puple, from soft lilacs to rich plums (the combination photo shows it planted with tulip 'Negrita'). They are elegant tulips with a classic-shaped flower, which holds up well in adverse weather conditions. They also make excellent additions to a vase.
- Garden care:Front September to December plant bulbs 15-20cm deep and 10-15cm apart in fertile, well-drained soil. Alternatively, allow 7-9 bulbs per 30cm sq. After flowering dead-head and apply a balanced liquid fertiliser each week for the first month. Once the foliage has died down naturally lift the bulbs and store in a cool greenhouse.
- Harmful if eaten/may cause skin allergy
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about Crocus Tulipa'Early Glory':
Such a pretty tulip. Mixed well with other spring flowers. The foilage was huge and filled up the space in the patio pots, which looked lovely. The colour was a beautiful delicate shade of pink, but quite robust it never faultered in the winds.
- Your Gardening Experience:
- Keen but clueless
Tips of emerging leaves appear brown and scorched, and often shrivel and rot. The foliage soon becomes covered in a grey fungus. Brown spots appear on the leaves and flowers, which may also rot.Read full article
Spring bulbs, such as daffodils and hyacinths, can be planted whenever the soil conditions allow. As a rough guide, cover them with about twice as much soil as the bulb is deep: so that a 5cm (2in) deep bulb would need a 15cm (6in) deep hole so that itRead full article
Bulbs are ideal for anyone who rates themselves as 'keen-but-clueless' because they are one of the easiest plants to grow. Provided you plant them at the right time of year at more or less the right depth, they will reward you year after year with a relRead full article