Sorbus 'Peaches and Cream'
- Position: full sun or lightly dappled shade
- Soil: tolerates all soils
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: April to May
- Flower colour: white
- Other features: peach and white coloured autumn berries
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Ideal for small gardens, this is an attractive, deciduous tree that has a compact crown of dark green leaves that are each divined into fine leaflets, giving them a lacy effect. In spring white flowers provide a good contrast and these are followed in late summer and autumn by long-lasting clusters of peach and white coloured berries, which gently weight the branches down. A tough, little tree that can tolerate a wide range of soils and conditions.
- Garden care: Requires minimal pruning. Remove any broken, diseased or crossing branches in late autumn or winter. When planting incorporate lots of well-rotted garden compost in the planting hole and stake firmly.
An organic garden should also be a wildlife-friendly garden. Not only is it wonderful to see nature at work, but many creatures will help you achieve better results. The ponds in my garden act as a magnet to dragonflies and...Read full article