Sorbus 'Peaches and Cream'
- Position: full sun or lightly dappled shade
- Soil: tolerates all soils
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: April to May
- Flower colour: white
- Other features: peach and white coloured autumn berries
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Ideal for small gardens, this is an attractive, deciduous tree that has a compact crown of dark green leaves that are each divined into fine leaflets, giving them a lacy effect. In spring white flowers provide a good contrast and these are followed in late summer and autumn by long-lasting clusters of peach and white coloured berries, which gently weight the branches down. A tough, little tree that can tolerate a wide range of soils and conditions.
- Garden care: Requires minimal pruning. Remove any broken, diseased or crossing branches in late autumn or winter. When planting incorporate lots of well-rotted garden compost in the planting hole and stake firmly.
Wildlife-friendly gardens are not only more interesting as you can watch all the comings and goings, but they are often more productive as many creatures will help increase pollination. Garden ponds act as a magnet to dragonflies and damsel flies, along wRead full article