Primula auricula 'Taffeta'
- Standard £4.99
- Next / named day £6.99
- Click & collect FREE
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: moist, humus-rich, neutral to acid soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: March to May
- Flower colour: pink and white
- Hardiness: fully hardy
From amongst the evergreen rosettes of pale green or grey-green leaves, upright stems emerge in spring topped with showy clusters of pink and white blooms. These hardy garden auriculas are perfect for the front of a mixed, herbaceous or cottage-garden border where they are happiest in reliably moist, humus-rich, soil. They also make excellent additions to a potted display, especially when underplanted with spring flowering bulbs.
- Garden care: Divide large clumps after the plant has flowered, preferably during a wet spell.
Rosettes shine against the bare soil, whether it’s verbascums pulmonarias, orprimroses. Given a tidy in the autumn they will make this time of year look fresher. Pulmonarias will have plenty of time to settle in if planted in the autumn, and the apple-Read full article