- Position: full sun
- Soil: will tolerate most soils, except very chalky or badly drained
- Rate of growth: slow growing
- Ultimate size on Pixy rootstock: 3 x 3m (10x10ft)
- Flowering period: April to May
- Flower colour: white
- Other features: a popular culinary plum with dark purple fruit (early August)
- Hardiness: fully hardy
One of the most popular culinary varieties available. White flowers are produced in spring, followed by a heavy crop of juicy, dark purple fruit with yellowish-green flesh. If the fruit is left on the tree to fully ripen, they can also be used as a dessert plum. It is a reliable variety with good frost resistance, is self-fertile and is easy to grow.
- Garden care: When planting incorporate lots of well-rotted garden compost in the planting hole and stake firmly. Prune in summer to reduce the risk of silver leaf and bacterial canker
There are currently no articles for this item.