Papaver rupifragum 'Tangerine Parfait'
- Position: full sun
- Soil: well-drained, preferably poor soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: June to August
- Hardiness: fully hardy (but short-lived)
A prolific bloomer, producing soft tangerine flowers throughout the summer. A short-lived perennial, it will self-seed freely in the right conditions. It is brilliant for scattering through a sunny border, and it also works well in pots and windowboxes. After the double flowers have faded the seedpods will remain interesting for several months and can be dried and added to everlasting arrangements.
- Garden care:They tend to resent root disturbance, so sow shallowly, directly into a well prepared bed in spring and water well. As the seedlings develop, thin them out to 30cm intervals keeping just the healthiest and most robust plants. Protect the emerging seedlings from slugs and snails. The seedheads can be dried and added to winter arrangements.
- Sow: March-May
- Flowering: June-August
- Approximate quantity: 150 seeds.
There are currently no articles for this item.