greengage 'Oullins Golden'
- Position: full sun
- Soil: will tolerate most soils, except very chalky or badly drained
- Rate of growth: slow growing
- Ultimate size on St Julien rootstock: 6 x 6m (20x20ft)
- Flowering period: May
- Flower colour: white
- Other features: a culinary or cooking gage (early September)
- Hardiness: fully hardy
First introduced in France in 1860, this self-fertile gage produces large, golden-yellow gages that can be used for both cooking (if picked early), or eating straight from the bush. It has a good flavour and is excellent for bottling and freezing.
- Garden care: When planting incorporate lots of well-rotted garden compost in the planting hole and stake firmly. Prune in summer to reduce the risk of silver leaf and bacterial canker.
There are currently no articles for this item.