- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, reliably moist soil
- Rate of growth: fast
- Flowering period: May to July
- Flower colour: red
- Other features: rosettes of scalloped, fresh green leaves
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Nodding, bell-shaped, dusky pink to dark orange red flowers on mahogany tinted stems from late spring to midsummer above rosettes of scalloped, fresh green leaves. Water avens is an excellent and attractive groundcover plant for a bog garden. The seed-heads, which resemble little raspberries, are an important decorative feature, retained on the plant all summer.
- Garden care: Lift and divide large clumps every year in early spring or late autumn.
Many flowering plants can be encouraged to produce better and longer-lasting displays with the minimum of effort. A plant produces flowers in order to reproduce and ensure the survival of the species. Once a plant has flowered and fertilisation has...Read full article