Fuchsia 'Army Nurse'
fuchsia Army Nurse
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, moist, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: June to October
- Hardiness: frost hardy (may need winter protection)
Royal violet-purple semi-double blooms are carried on the compact stems of this hardy bush variety. 'Army Nurse' makes a colourful display in containers and borders that will continue all summer long.
- Garden care: To encourage growth, pinch out the growing tips of young plants after the sixth or seventh pair of leaves. During the growing season water regularly, applying a balanced liquid fertiliser each month. Cut back to the permanent framework in early spring.