- Position: full sun
- Soil: deep, moist but well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Ultimate size on Gisela 5 rootstock: 3 x 3m (10x10ft)
- Flowering period: April to May
- Hardiness: fully hardy
A vigorous tree, which is upright at first but later spreading as it matures. The white flowers appear in mid-spring and these are followed by very large, near-black cherries (darker than Stella) from mid July. It is a popular, self-fertile, sweet cherry - and the large fruit have a gorgeous flavour. The plants we sell in a 10lt pot are around 1.2 - 1.5m tall and 2 years old at the moment and will usually start to produce fruit in their third or fourth year.
- Garden care: When planting incorporate lots of well-rotted garden compost in the planting hole and stake firmly. Lightly prune in summer to retain The shape and cut back any dead, diseased or branches which cross to healthy wood.
There are currently no articles for this item.