apple 'Worcester Pearmain'
- Position: full sun
- Soil: fertile, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Ultimate size on M27 rootstock: 1.8 x 1.8m (6x6ft)
- Ultimate size on M26 rootstock: 3 x 3m (10 x 10ft)
- Ultimate size on MM106 rootstock: 5.5 x 5.5m (18x18ft)
- Flowering period: April and May
- Flower colour: white
- Other features: firm, crimson-streaked, golden-yellow, dessert apples with a faint strawberry flavour (early to mid-September)
- Hardiness: fully hardy
- Pollination Group: B - flowering mid season
This charming, deciduous tree is covered in pure white, cup-shaped flowers in mid- to late spring, followed by firm, sweet, crimson-streaked, golden-yellow, dessert apples ripening in September. It produces a heavy crop of fruit with a faint strawberry flavour, which are best eaten soon after picking. Offers good resistance to mildew.
- Garden care: Keep the base of the tree weed free, fertilise at the beginning of each year and water regularly during hot, dry spells Remove damaged or crossing branches during the dormant season
- Pollination Information: This apple belongs to pollination group B, so you will need to plant one other different variety of apple to guarantee cross pollination, and a subsequent bumper crop. Ideally this should come from the same pollination group, however it is possible to use one from group A or C as well.
- CAUTION toxic if eaten/skin & eye irritant
There are currently no articles for this item.