Anemone blanda 'White Splendour'
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: well-drained, humus-rich soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: March to April
- Flower colour: white
- Other features: contact with the sap may cause skin irritation
- Hardiness: fully hardy
- Garden care: Leave undisturbed and they will spread to form large drifts. Avoide excessive winter wet and apply a generous layer of mulch in autumn.
In spring, large white daisy-like flowers (to 4cm across) emerge above the attractively lobed, dark green foliage. Each petal has a pink flushed reverse and they all sit around a boss of yellow stamens. Ideal for underplanting shrubs or trees, naturalising in a mixed border, or at the edge of a woodland area where these gorgeous little wood anemones will lift the spirits in spring. For maximum impact plant in bold drifts.