Alstroemeria (Planet Series) 'Sirius'
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, moist, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: slow growing to average
- Flowering period: June and July
- Other features: excellent cut flowers; contact with the foliage may cause skin irritation
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Soft pink flowers with a gold throat and brownish-red freckles, appear in profusion from early summer, creating an exotic feel to ther border. An easy to mix colour, it looks beautiful when planted in sizeable clumps, and as it makes such a good cut flower, it is worth planting more than you need.
- Garden care: Newly planted Alstroemerias should be given a very generous 20cm (8") deep mulch of chipped bark in their first winter to help the plants become established. In subsequent autumns, provide a dry mulch of bracken or bark chippings will help protect the crowns. After flowering cut back the faded flower-stems, but make sure you always wear gloves when working with Peruvian lilies, as contact with the foliage may cause skin irritation.
- May cause skin allergy
There are currently no articles for this item.