Harcostar magnum barrel water butt

350 litre (75 gal) £129.99 £119.99 Buy
Delivery options
  • Standard £4.99
  • Next / named day £6.99
  • Click & collect FREE

See more info on delivery options

Collect and store 350 litres (75 gallons) of rain water in this large water butt. It comes complete with tap and a child safety lid. The barrel measures 1200mm high by 780mm diameter at the top the diameter at the base is 610mm.

At the top of the water butt, about 50mm (2in) at the back, there is a hole which is used for attaching accessories, such as the rain trap, to the butt.

There is no stand available for this particular model, but it does have two tap holes, one at the base and one 400mm above. However it can be placed on a platform to make filling watering cans much easier. All holes come with plugs so will not leak if not is use.

This water butt comes with a 5-year manufacturer's warranty.

Please note the image shows water butt with a rain trap however it is available seperately. Other available accessories are listed below:

Overflow kit

Linking kit For Harcostar water butts

Longer Length of Connector Hose

Fast flow tap

Hose fit replacement tap

Harcostar universal rain trap

Harcostar universal rain trap

For collecting water from downpipes

£10.99 Buy

Do you want to ask a question about this?

If so, click on the button and fill in the box below. We will post the question on the website, together with your alias (bunnykins, digger1, plantdotty etc etc) and where you are from (Sunningdale/Glasgow etc). We'll also post the answer to your question!
2 Questions | 2 Answers
Displaying questions 1-2
  • Q:

    Good Morning. I am interested in the Harcostar Magnum water butt. Please could you advise if it comes with a tap, and if so, is it a plain tap or the type for a hose pipe attachment? Many thanks.
    Asked on 21/5/2014 by none from London

    1 answer

    • Plant Doctor



      This water butt does come with a hose-fit tap

      Answered on 29/5/2014 by helen from crocus
  • Q:

    I can't see from the picture if this has a hole in the lid. A downpipe from my allotment shed roof channels rainwater directly into a water butt (leaky). I want to get a new water butt, but I don't particularly want to buy a fancy linking kit just for the allotment as it doesn't matter if the water butt overflows every so often. Any advice?
    Asked on 1/2/2014 by Saptarishi from Northfields

    1 answer

Displaying questions 1-2

Do you have a question about this product? 

Coping with holidays

Coping with holidays

For most gardeners, the main drawback of taking holidays away from home is the adverse affect it has on the garden. The dread of returning home to find knee-high grass, pest- and disease-ridden fruit and vegetables and container plants burned to a crisp.

Read full article

How to water your plants

How to water your plants

Watering the garden can take a lot of time during the summer months, especially if there is a prolonged dry spell. If you are new to gardening, it is easy to think the simplest solution is to unravel the hose each evening and shower the whole garden using

Read full article

June Week 1

If you do nothing else...water new plants. Make sure new additions do not suffer during dry spells. Plant up summer containers bedding once the threat of frosts has passed. Feed container plants about six weeks after planting. If it’s a nice day...trim he

Read full article

Save water

Gardeners should save water as a matter of routine, because the next prolonged dry spell might be just around the corner. Install a water butt to collect rainwater from drainpipes. If you want to collect a lot of water try connecting several butts togethe

Read full article