- Position: full sun
- Soil: any well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: July and August
- Flower colour: white
- Other features: the leaves have sharp tips and serrated edges
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Towering spikes of white, bell-shaped flowers in July and August above clumps of stiff, dark green, lance-shaped leaves. Adam's needle makes an excellent focal point for a sunny, well-drained Mediterranean-style garden. A gravel mulch accentuates the architectural foliage and helps to protect the crown of the plant from frost-damage.
- Garden care: During the growing season water well, applying a balanced liquid fertiliser each month Remove the faded flower-spikes at the end of the season.
- Goes well with: Trachelospernum jasminoides, Euphorbia characias subspecies wulfenii 'John Tomlinson', Euphorbia myrsinites, Santolina rosmarinifolia, Thymus 'Silver Posy', Artemisia 'Powis Castle'