Wallflower 'Blood Red'
24 large wallflower plug plants
- Position: full sun
- Soil: poor to moderately fertile, well-drained, neutral to alkaline soil
- Rate of growth: average to fast-growing
- Flowering period: March to May
- Flower colour: deep red
- Other features: lance-shaped, coarsely toothed leaves
- Hardiness: fully hardy
These deep red wallflowers provide a spectacular, spice-scented display for 8 weeks or more from early spring. Performing best in full sun, they look particularly effective in a large patio container or at the front of a sunny fertile, well-drained border, underplanted with red or yellow tulips.
- Garden care: Provide cloche protection where frosts are very severe or prolonged
An organic garden should also be a wildlife-friendly garden. Not only is it wonderful to see nature at work, but many creatures will help you achieve better results. The ponds in my garden act as a magnet to dragonflies and...Read full article
One of the first things you learn when you start gardening is that plants are not alone in the garden. There is a whole host of bugs that set up home in...Read full article