Viola 'Belmont Blue'
violet (syn. Viola Boughton Blue)
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, humus-rich, moist, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: May to August
- Flower colour: violet-blue
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Pretty violet-blue blooms are produced from May to August amongst fresh green, oval leaves. The large flowers have a slight veining and fine dark rays on the paler lower petals. Orginally called 'Broughton Blue', this vigorous variety looks gorgeous when used as a groundcover under roses or other deciduous shrubs.
- Garden care: To minimise the risk of fungal diseases always use new, sterilised compost for container plants. Deadhead regularly to prolong flowering.