Vinca minor 'Gertrude Jekyll'
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: any but very dry soil
- Rate of growth: average to fast-growing
- Flowering period: April to September
- Flower colour: pure-white
- Hardiness: fully hardy
If grown in a reasonably sunny position, this lesser periwinkle will provide an abundant show of pure white flowers, which contrast well with the deep green leaves. A compact form, it is suitable for growing in pots, or for filling gaps at the front of a border.
- Garden care: To prevent the plant from becoming invasive cut back any unwanted shoots in spring.
‘One year's seed is seven year's weed’, or so the saying goes, so the most important thing an organic gardener (and non-organic gardener for that matter) can do is prevent weeds from flowering and setting seed. A horrifying example of...Read full article
Use the following notes as a guide when pruning trees, shrubs and climbers in your garden during the month of March. I’ve included timely advice on Abeliophyllum, Artemesia, Brachyglottis, Brunfelsia, Buddleja, Ceanothus, Clematis, Colutea, Cotinus, Daphne, Eccremocarpus, Elsholtzia, ...Read full article