Vinca minor 'Atropurpurea'
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: any but very dry soil
- Rate of growth: average to fast-growing
- Flowering period: April to September
- Flower colour: dark plum-purple
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Sumptuous, dark plum-purple flowers over a long period from April to September and dark-green leaves. This delightful, purple-flowered lesser periwinkle is an excellent groundcover plant. Flowering best in full sun it's an attractive alternative to the rampant Vinca major and particularly suitable for small gardens.
- Garden care: To prevent the plant from becoming invasive cut back any unwanted shoots in spring.
‘One year's seed is seven year's weed’, or so the saying goes, so the most important thing an organic gardener (and non-organic gardener for that matter) can do is prevent weeds from flowering and setting seed. A horrifying example of this is chickweed,Read full article
The following notes can be used as a guide when pruning trees, shrubs and climbers in your garden during the month of March. It's timely advice if you have any of the following in your garden. Abeliophyllum, Artemesia, Brachyglottis, Brunfelsia, BuddlejaRead full article