Viburnum × bodnantense 'Dawn'
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: moderately fertile, moist, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: November to March
- Flower colour: dark pink
- Other features: spherical, blue-black or purple fruits, which can cause a mild stomach ache if ingested
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Dense clusters of fragrant, dark pink flowers on bare stems from November to March and toothed, dark green leaves. This upright, deciduous shrub is perfect for perfuming winter walks. To fully appreciate the deliciously scented flowers plant in a moist, well-drained border close to an entrance or path in sun or partial shade.
- Garden care: After flowering prune established specimens, removing up to one in five of the oldest and weakest branches to the base. Apply a generous 5-7cm (2-3in) mulch of well-rotted garden compost or manure around the base of the plant.
There are currently no articles for this item.