Veronica spicata Royal Candles ('Glory') (PBR)
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: moderately fertile, moist, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: June to August
- Flower colour: deep blue-purple
- Hardiness: fully hardy
- Garden care: Remove faded flower-stems in autumn. Apply a generous 5-7cm mulch of well-rotted garden compost or manure around the base of the plant in spring.
Dense, slender spires of star-shaped, deep blue-purple flowers from June to August above hairy, toothed green leaves. This marvellous speedwell is guaranteed to create an impact at the front of a mixed or herbaceous border. To thrive it requires a well-drained soil as plants that become water logged over winter are unlikely to survive.
There are currently no articles for this item.