Veronica spicata 'Rotfuchs'
speedwell (syn. Red Fox )
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: moderately fertile, moist, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: June to August
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Branching leafy stems form neat, bushy mounds, which are topped with stout spikes bearing deep, rose-pink flowers. A very decorative cultivar, particularly when planted in large clumps towards the front of a herbaceous border.
- Garden care: Remove faded flower-stems in autumn. Apply a generous 5-7cm mulch of well-rotted garden compost or manure around the base of the plant in spring
There are currently no 'goes well with' suggestions for this item.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Accurate Instructions
Comments about Veronica spicata 'Rotfuchs':
This didn't look like much when it was delivered and i wondered if i should have sent it back. So glad i didn't as it when the spires finally grew it looked brilliant.
- Your Gardening Experience:
There's one garden essential that brings a planting scheme to life and it's upright flower spikes that soar heavenwards. They add drama and perspective to all your other planting and, as they open from the bottom upwards, each spire offers a glorious coRead full article