European globe flower
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: moisture-retentive, fertile soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: May to June
- Flower colour: yellow
- Other features: divided, mid-green leaves
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Cheerful, lemon yellow flowers appear on erect stems in early summer above clumps of deeply divided, mid green leaves. These delightful, buttercup-like flowers are perfect for naturalising by a pond or stream or adding colour to a moist border as their main requirement is moist soil that doesn't get too dry.
- Garden care: Lift and divide large clumps in late autumn or early spring. In spring apply a 5-7cm (2-3in) mulch of well-rotted garden compost or manure around the base of the plants and water in very dry weather, to prevent the soil from drying out.
There are currently no articles for this item.