Trollius × cultorum 'Orange Princess'
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: moisture-retentive, fertile soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: April to June
- Flower colour: golden-orange
- Other features: divided, mid-green leaves
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Golden orange, buttercup-like flowers borne on slender stems in late spring and early summer above deeply divided mid-green leaves. As long as their roots do not dry out these feisty golden orange flowers thrive in full sun or partial shade. Perfect for a moist border or the margins of a pond or stream.
- Garden care: Lift and divide large clumps in late autumn or early spring. In spring apply a 5-7cm (2-3in) mulch of well-rotted garden compost or manure around the base of the plants and water in very dry weather, to prevent the soil from drying out.