- Position: full sun or light, dappled shade
- Soil: moist, well-drained soil, neutral to slightly acidic soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: May to July
- Hardiness: frost hardy (may need winter protection)
Providing structure and interest throughout the year with its glossy dark green leaves, this shrubby evergreen can be trained to form a low-branching or multi-stemmed tree over time. In late spring and early summer, the flower clusters emerge at the tips of the shoots bearing curious, pinwheel-like flowers, that are usually a vivid shade of lime green. It makes an interesting addition to a woodland garden or large shrub border.
- Garden care: No routine pruning is required apart from removing any dead or damaged growth in late winter or early spring. Provide protection from cold, drying winds in winter.
There are currently no articles for this item.