Soft hairy leaves and stems on this gently spreading toad lily with cream flowers spotted in heliotrope-mauve - the three large petals are set round a prominent cross-shaped style
- Position: partial or full shade
- Soil: moist but well-drained, humus-rich soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: August to October
- Flower colour: purple-spotted white flowers
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Sprays of exotic-looking, purple-spotted white flowers from August to October and hairy, lance-shaped, pale green leaves. This fascinating toad lily is one of our recommended plants. Ideal for adding vertical interest in a sheltered, shady border or woodland garden, specimens grown in cold areas of the country appreciate a deep, dry winter mulch.
- Garden care: In cold areas of the country provide a deep, dry, winter mulch around the crown of the plant. Lift and divide congested colonies in spring, while the plant is still dormant.