Tiarella 'Iron Butterfly (PBR)'
- Position: partial or deep shade
- Soil: cool, moist, humus-rich soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: May to July
- Flower colour: creamy-white
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Attractive, deeply lobed leaves with a dark blotch in the centre make a great carpet of foliage throughout the summer. In late spring, slender stems rise up and hold spikes of tiny star-shaped, white flowers. This is a brilliant plant for covering the ground in a shady spot - plant it in large numbers for best effect.
- Garden care: Removing the faded blooms regularly will prolong flowering and encourage more to come. Cut back and compost the spent flower stems in autumn and apply a dry mulch around the crown of the plant to protect against frost damage