Tiarella 'Appalachian Trail'
trailing foam flower
- Position: partial or deep shade
- Soil: cool, moist, humus-rich soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: May to July
- Flower colour: creamy-white
- Other features: potentially invasive
- Hardiness: fully hardy
When they first appear in spring, the heart-shaped leaves are a light green with just a touch of rich plum veining. As they age, the leaves turn darker and the veining becomes more noticeable, creating a very attractive two tone effect. Initially forming loose mounds, they send out slender leafy stems that will either creep along the ground, or tumble over the edges of a pot or hanging basket. In late spring and early summer small clusers of tiny white flowers appear on the upright stems, which hold them like miniature sparklers above the leaves.
- Garden care: Add plenty of well-rotted leaf mould when planting. Lift and divide congested colonies in spring and apply a generous mulch of well-rotted garden compost or compost leaf mould around the base of the plant.
There are currently no articles for this item.