The Greenhouse Collection
vegetable plug plant collection
Summer wouldn't be summer without the Mediterranean crops: deepest purple aubergines and vines dripping with heavy, ripe tomatoes. These heat-lovers relish a sunny greenhouse and you'll relish their rich homegrown taste.
- Position: full sun
- Soil: humus-rich, moisture retentive soil
- Rate of growth: fast
- Hardiness: tender
Greenhouses are great for extending the growing season as you have a degree of control over the environment. Warmer air and soil temperatures mean that you can start crops of earlier and still be enjoying the harvest when those plants left outside have long passed it. All the plants that make up this collection will thrive in the warmer conditions inside a greenhouse.
Suitable for growing in big pots and growbags in an average sized greenhouse.
The collection contains the following seasonal selection -
- 4 x tomato 'Gardeners Delight' - an easy to grow, cherry tomato with exceptionally flavoured, bright red fruits.
- 4 x tomato 'Golden Cherry' - produces a heavy crop of sweet cherry-orange fruit, which have a strong resistance to splitting.
- 4 x sweet pepper (mixed red & green) - these plants are incredibly versatile and are ideal for salads or stir fries. You will receive 2 green &2 red varieties.
'Californian Wonder' - beautiful bell shaped green fruits with a very sweet crisp taste. 'Long Red Marconi' - masses of long thin fruits are produced from this new Italian variety. They have a particularly mild sweet taste, ideal for salads and stir fry.
- 4 x chilli pepper mixed haberno varieties - a very hot chilli which comes in a range of colours.
- 4 x cucumber 'Tokyo Slicer' Recently awarded an AGM this is a high yielding outdoor variety with long smooth fruits.
14 - 16cm in length.
- 10 x lettuce (mixed) You will receive a selection of lettuce from the following tasty varieties. 'Lilian' - a butternut type with firm heads that are succulent and sweet. 'Pearl' - a little gem lettuce with a delicious, sweet taste. 'Rushmoor' - a red salad, with stunning oak-shaped, deep red leaves.
- 4 x aubergine 'Moneymaker' - a vigorous variety with dark purple delicious tasting fruits. Great for stir-fry.
- 2 x melon cantaloupe 'Pepito' - a cantaloupe type melon, sweet with a tast of honey, it has a texture like cucumber.
Please note: The contents of this pack may vary slightly depending upon the season.
- Garden care: Plant them out as soon as they arrive in a sunny spot. Make sure they are kept well watered and feed with a liquid fertiliser that is high in potash throughout the growing season. You may need to provide growing supports for the taller plants.