- Position: full sun or lightly dappled shade
- Soil: moist, humus rich soil
- Rate of Growth: slow to average
- Flowering period: July to September
- Flowers: lilac
- Other features: leaves & flowers are good in flower arrangements
- Hardiness: fully hardy
- Garden care: Stake using ring stakes or brush-wood before the flowers appear. Cut back the stems to the ground after flowering. Add a generous 5-7cm (2-3in) mulch of well-rotted manure or garden compost around the base of the plant in spring. Lift and divide congested plants in spring.
Fluffy sprays of lilac flowers on upright, dark-purple stems above clumps of fern-like, grey-green leaves. This light and airy perennial is perfect towards the back of a herbaceous or mixed border. Best grown in moist, humus-rich soil, both the dainty foliage and flowers contrast well with the coarser-leaved plants usually grown at the back of the border.
There are currently no articles for this item.