- Position: full sun
- Soil: fertile, moist, well-drained soil
- Rate of Growth: average to fast
- Flowering period: April and May
- Flowers: white
- Other features: toothed, bright green leaves
- Hardiness: fully hardy
- Garden care: Immediately after flowering prune flowered shoots to strong buds. On mature specimens cut back between a quarter to a fifth of the old shoots to the base.
Gorgeous arching sprays of white flowers in mid and late spring and toothed, bright green leaves. This popular, deciduous shrub is ideal for a sunny, well-drained shrub or mixed border. Relatively vigorous and easy to grow, to guarantee an abundant, foam-like display it must be pruned annually immediately after flowering.