- Position: full sun
- Soil: fertile, moist, well-drained soil
- Rate of Growth: average to fast
- Flowering period: April and May
- Flowers: white
- Other features: toothed, bright green leaves
- Hardiness: fully hardy
- Garden care: Immediately after flowering prune flowered shoots to strong buds. On mature specimens cut back between a quarter to a fifth of the old shoots to the base.
Gorgeous arching sprays of white flowers in mid and late spring and toothed, bright green leaves. This popular, deciduous shrub is ideal for a sunny, well-drained shrub or mixed border. Relatively vigorous and easy to grow, to guarantee an abundant, foam-like display it must be pruned annually immediately after flowering.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about Crocus Spiraea'Arguta':
I planted this as a 'filler' to get a large new garden going. I have since bought a second plant as I have had so many people asking 'What is that gorgeous plant?'
- Your Gardening Experience:
- Keen but clueless
June is a time to relax and enjoy your garden, but there are still some early flowering shrubs that will need pruning if they are to produce the best possible displays year after year. A few shrubs can also be trained into unusual and attractive standardsRead full article