Strong swords of grey-green leaves topped with an early-summer spike of pale-lemon flowers that darken to chocolate brown - good in gravel where can pop up unannounced
- Position: full sun
- Soil: poor to moderately fertile, well-drained, neutral to slightly alkaline soil
- Rate of growth: average to fast-growing
- Flowering period: June to July
- Flower colour: pale yellow
- Other features: self seeds freely
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Slender spires of pale yellow flowers among clumps of iris-like, grey-green leaves. This summer-flowering perennial is perfect for a sunny herbaceous or mixed border. A good companion for grey and silver-leaved foliage plants, it performs best in well-drained, neutral to slightly alkaline soil.
- Garden care: Lift and divide large colonies in spring. After flowering dead-head the faded blooms to prevent the plant from self-seeding.
There are currently no articles for this item.