Semiarundinaria yashadake f. kimmei
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: humus-rich, moist, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average to fast
- Leaves: dark green
- Canes: glossy, golden with green stripe
- Hardiness: fully hardy
- Garden care: Plant in a large container or surround the roots with a non-perishable barrier that restricts the plant's spread.
Golden, glossy canes with a green stripe above the branch bud contrasting with dark green leaves. In cold winters young canes will turn a stunning red if exposed to bright sunshine. This tall bamboo's upright habit makes it perfect for screening areas of the garden and growing as a bamboo hedge. Its fabulous multi-coloured canes also make it a striking and unusual feature plant.