- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: moderately fertile, humus-rich, moist, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: February to March
- Flower colour: pale blue with a darker stripe
- Hardiness: fully hardy
- Bulb size: 6/7
In late winter or early spring, star-shaped, pale blue flowers, which have a darker stripe along the length of their petals, appear with the narrow basal foliage.
- Garden care: Plant bulbs 8 - 10cm deep and 8 - 10cm apart in autumn, in clumps or naturalistic drifts where they can remain undisturbed for several years.
- Harmful if eaten