Scabiosa columbaria nana
A charming plant for edging a sunny path where space is at a premium.
- Position: full sun
- Soil: well-drained, neutral to slightly alkaline soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: June to August
- Flower colour: lavender blue
- Other features: the flowers are highly attractive to butterflies and bees and make a pretty cut posy.
- Hardiness: fully hardy
- Garden care: Protect young plants from slug damage using environmentally friendly slug pellets or beer traps. Deadhead regularly to prolong flowering and cut back in autumn to maintain tidy habit and form.
It is worth keeping in mind that these plants are biennial or short lived perennials.
Compact form of the popular pincushion flower. Pale blue flowers produced in profusion on wiry stems. Hummocks of grey-green foliage remain tight and tidy making this a useful plant for smaller gardens or containers. Needs a well-drained soil where it will act as a magnet for bees and butterflies.
There are currently no articles for this item.