sage promotion - 6 pack
- Standard £4.99
- Next / named day £6.99
- Click & collect FREE
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: light, fertile, moist, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average to fast
- Flowering period: May to July
- Other features: the leaves can be used fresh or dried to make stuffings, herb teas and herb butter
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Spikes of lilac-blue flowers in early to mid-summer and grey-green aromatic leaves. Sage's handsome foliage makes a fabulous and robust edge for a sunny herb garden or mini potager. Collected before the plant has flowered and freshly chopped, the aromatic leaves are valuable for flavouring stuffings, herbal teas and meat dishes.
- Garden care: To encourage a plentiful supply of young foliage gather the leaves regularly and prune lightly in July after flowering.
There are currently no 'goes well with' suggestions for this item.